Last night Dani and I had one of the best experiences of our lives! We had the opportunity to obtain some tickets for the Christmas Devotional from a coworker. It was 6 of us total. We decided to meet up at door #5 about 30 minutes before the devotional was to start. One couple was bringing the tickets for all of us. Well they were late in arriving because of the traffic and lack of parking, so we waited until 5:57, just about a minute before they were to close the doors! We were kind of down because we knew we wouldn’t get good seats. So we go through the metal detectors, and soon after a brother comes up to us and asks if we wanted some really good seats, OF COURSE! He said it would be in the floor area So we’re thinking ‘oh well we lucked out at least we’ll be closer than we thought’ well it turns out they put us all on the 7TH ROW! It was amazing!! Here we are walking in on the hour and sitting on the 7th row right in front of the presidency. We were just so amazed that it happened the way it did. We enjoyed every bit of the devotional, the choir and orchestra was just so powerful, I had never experienced that from so close. After the Devotional ended we get up and realize that we were SURROUNDED by all of the apostles! Our faces must have looked pretty funny, we couldn’t believe it. We were ushered through the front of the Conference center, along with the rest of the general authorities. I thought the experience was priceless, especially since the crowd was slow moving, which gave me the chance to chat with Elder Cook (which happens to be my mission president’s brother) Sis. Dew, and greet just about every other apostle. They took us through the long tunnel underneath the conference center and the temple, that was a neat experience in and of itself. The whole night was just was just priceless. Especially since I got to experience that with Danielle :)
11 years ago
6 comments:
Best night ever. Mar u
mar you too!
That is awesome! I mar you guys as well (unless that is some kind of threat, in which case I most certainly do not mar either of you).
That is pretty cool! Should I even ask what Mar u means? If it's something lovely dovey then count me out.
Mar...as in, amar, as in love, but the un-conjugated kind.
I MAR ALL OF YOU!!
Post a Comment